Log Home Maintenance
Introduction | Pressure Washing | Glass Bead Blasting | Staining | Backer Rod | Caulking
Backer rod: "Mile High Foam"
• is a closed cell polyethylene backer rod serving as a backing for elastomeric and other applied caulking sealants when joints spaces are extreme we also use it on the inside to create a visual barrier to the exterior caulking, as well as create a dead air space to increase the energy efficiency of the home controls the depth and amount of sealant required.
• is continuous lengths of flexible, round, closed cell polyethylene.
• is black in color.
• is chemically inert, resists oil, gasoline and most solvents.
• is odorless and will not stain.
• is easily inserted into the log space using a butter knife or putty knife.